Monday 2 April 2012

Arrival of the willow bed

Common Osier and Purple willow bed
It's no surprise really that I have eneded up with a willow bed. I love willow weaving and although it has been a while since I did the course, I haven't lost my love of  how beautiful woven willow can be as well as functional.

This area of the allotment has always been a bit of a nothing space, I was never really sure what I would do with it. It had been churned over last year for the allotment trustees to lay a water pipe and I have left it to the thistles - big mistake!

Still the willow should take care of itself and provide me with lots of useful clippings to use around the lotty as well as make some features.

Just need to cover over the bare earth with some membrane to keep the pesky weeds down!

Grow well little beauties..

No comments:

Post a Comment