Saturday 13 February 2016

February update

Ok so I still haven't actually made it to the allotment this year. A combination of shocking weather and illness. The weather has been very strange this year pretty mild but lots of rain. My allotment plot is a nightmare in the rain, it becomes claggy clay and there is no point even standing up there to assess you just end up sinking or coming away with wellies 6inches taller.

There has been a couple of frosty mornings this week so I was hoping that I could have popped over today to check on progress but the rain returned here so trip postponed.

The willow will need its annual haircut very soon and given that the daffodils are already flowering in the garden I expect my daffodil bed will already be in bloom. 

The last week has also seen extremely windy conditions, so at times like these it reminds me of the time when my shed blew across the allotment plots. Needless to say it isn't up any longer so I don't have to worry where it might be lying.

I will sign off now and return to the planning, at least I have my seed catalogues and a new magazine to flick through for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment